Coding Period Starts !
Week 3(17 june – 24 june)
Task 1:- Creating the admin tool with the basic Solr configuration options.
Step 1 :- Creating the moodle form:- The basic moodle form with the configuration option to solr. Events like indexing, optimizing and deletion of indexes.
Step 2 :- List of files & description:-
- Setting.php :- controls who can access the advance course search & where the plugin can be found.
- coursesearch_setting_form.php :- how the form looks like.
- version.php :- plugin version & requirement moodle release.
- lang/en/tool_coursesearch.php :- contains the lang Strings.
- index.php :- retrieve the form data & perform appropriate actions.
- /lib :- library functions that handles basic solr tasks like indexing, optimizing etc.
- /pix :- images directory
Installing the plugin:-
Step 1:- Refresh the moodle site it will automatically trigger the plugin installation. if not then go to administration–>notification.
Step 2:- Install the plugin.
Step 3:- the plugin basic configuration can be found in administration–>courses–>Advance Course Search.
Step 4:- Done !
Where Is the Source:-
You can find the source here :- https://github.com/shashirepo/moodle-tool_coursesearch
So what’s done this week ?
1. Created the admin tool.
2. Designed the Schema.xml to serve to Solr.
So what’s Next week:-
1. Write local library function for the solr to perform the operations like indexing, optimizing, deletion of existing indexes.
2. Debug the Code ! Perform optimization.